- Senior leaders from lots of of companies gear up for The Client Items Discussion board’s World Summit, the flagship occasion uniting retailers, producers and different firms in collaboration for a greater world
- Summit might be held nearly from 21 – 24 June, with session hosts together with Alan Jope, CEO of Unilever, Laxman Narasimhan, CEO of Reckitt and Mark Schneider, CEO of Nestlé
- Trade leaders will focus on largest points dealing with companies in the present day, sharing insights to assist guarantee thriving firms and communities by doing enterprise in one of the simplest ways doable
PARIS, 2nd June 2021 — The Client Items Discussion board (CGF) is gearing up for its annual World Summit from 21 – 24 June, which can unite senior leaders from the world’s largest firms for collaborative discussions on easy methods to safe higher lives by means of higher enterprise.
The four-day Summit supplies a significant alternative for CEOs, business consultants, and opinion leaders to mirror on urgent challenges for the patron items business, together with the impacts of Covid-19 and easy methods to actually construct again higher to make sure robust, resilient companies and communities.
Below the overarching occasion theme of ‘Now What?’, leaders throughout the business will focus on the most important questions that companies face amid the uncertainty of the continuing pandemic – together with the impacts of Covid-19, adjustments in shoppers’ wants, and what the brand new regular means for provide chains and staff.
The big selection of senior leaders set to ship classes consists of Alan Jope, CEO of Unilever, Laxman Narasimhan, CEO of Reckitt, Mark Schneider, CEO of Nestlé, James Quincey, Chairman & CEO of The Coca-Cola Firm, and Daniel Zhang, Chairman & CEO Alibaba Group, in addition to top-level audio system from the UN and senior leaders from Strauss, Ocado and Grupo Bimbo.
Attendees will hear inspiring examples of management, ingenuity, and innovation – with a give attention to easy methods to handle frequent challenges. The occasion may also mirror on the progress being achieved by CGF’s Coalitions of Motion on eight pressing points: forests, human rights, plastics, more healthy lives, meals waste, meals security, provide chains and product information.
Wai-Chan Chan, Managing Director of The Client Items Discussion board, mentioned:
“The challenges dealing with companies, society and the environment have turn out to be much more urgent within the final yr, and the World Summit supplies an vital likelihood to mirror on all we’ve got discovered, to catalyse even higher collective motion. To grab the alternatives for constructive progress, the world wants enterprise at its finest – and we all know that management from our sector is significant as we construct again higher.
“Our members consider companies should take care of the planet, take care of communities and earn the belief of shoppers by means of real openness and innovation. The World Summit is an important a part of us pushing ourselves to repeatedly go additional and do extra, with members setting themselves up to reach a reworked business the place sustainable enterprise is not only an ambition however an expectation”.
Spotlight classes throughout the four-day program embody:
- What’s Subsequent for the Trade and How Will CGF Contribute – with the next audio system: Emmanuel Faber, Former Danone Chairman & CEO, James Quincey, Chairman & CEO The Coca-Cola Firm, Özgür Tort, CEO Migros Ticaret, Daniel Zhang, Chairman & CEO Alibaba Group
- A Yr of Main Milestones: When Local weather Change, Meals & Well being Meet – with Dr Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary Basic Envoy to the UN Meals Methods Summit and Alan Jope, CEO of Unilever
- “E-everything” because the Procuring New Regular? – led by Tim Steiner, CEO Ocado Group
- Methods to Construct Resilience in Powerful Instances – panel with Frans Muller, President & CEO Ahold Delhaize and Mark Schneider, CEO of Nestlé
- What can producers and retailers study from the most important pandemic of our lifetimes? – with Laxman Narasimhan, CEO of Reckitt
- The Position of Expertise in World Sustainability – led by Safra Catz, CEO of Oracle
Discussions on the World Summit might be held through speaker classes and panels, tech talks, coalition conferences and extra. As a part of the digital expertise, full of networking alternatives, this system has been constructed round prime-time content material slots, the place delegates from a number of time zones will have the ability to join and take part in reside classes.
The World Summit, reserved completely for members of the CGF, comes forward of the UN Meals Methods Summit and COP26 – that are placing even higher give attention to what companies are doing to safe sustainable meals techniques, defend the planet and take care of staff and shoppers.
To search out out extra in regards to the World Summit and register to safe your ticket, go to: theconsumergoodsforum.com/events/global-summit/register/
For extra info, please contact: [email protected]
Notes to editors
About The Client Items Discussion board
- The Client Items Discussion board (“CGF”) is a worldwide, parity-based business community that’s pushed by its members to encourage the worldwide adoption of practices and requirements that serves the patron items business worldwide.
- It brings collectively the CEOs and senior administration of some 400 retailers, producers, service suppliers, and different stakeholders throughout 70 international locations, and it displays the variety of the business in geography, measurement, product class and format.
- Its member firms have mixed gross sales of EUR 3.5 trillion and straight make use of almost 10 million folks, with an extra 90 million associated jobs estimated alongside the worth chain. It’s ruled by its Board of Administrators, which contains 57 producer and retailer CEOs.
- For extra info, please go to: theconsumergoodsforum.com